Sustainability is very important to us.
We have been at the forefront of sustainable design and building for more than four decades and continue to innovate and pioneer the self-build sector.
We believe our buildings can contribute positively to the environment, and we go to great lengths to minimize the negative impact of what we do.
We would be delighted to discuss your personal priorities in more detail and discuss how we can help.
Border Oak is FSC® and PEFC certified for the supply of timber and is committed to ecologically sensitive practice.download pdf
These are some of the eco features a Border Oak home can incorporate:
- superlative insulation
- natural, low impact materials
- green oak - carbon store, low embodied energy, non-toxic
- lime renders and thatched roofs
- passive solar design
- virtually airtight
- bio mass boilers
- geo thermal heat extraction
- wood burning stoves
- local purchasing/minimal transportation
- FSC® and PEFC Chain of Custody certified timber throughout
- waste minimisation scheme
- reclaimed/recycled/reuseable materials
- grey water harvesting
- carbon neutral
- minimal concrete/cement